About Occupational Therapy
There are a number of medical colleges in India and abroad offering Bachelor of Occupational Therapy degrees. Occupational therapy is the use of productive activity in the rehabilitation or treatment of physically or emotionally challenged people.
It is the use of meaningful occupation to help people with difficulty in leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Occupational therapist assists in enabling an inclusive society in order that all people are able to partake in daily occupations of life to their potential. In a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy degree course, students are students learn about human growth and development with particular emphasis on the emotional, physical, psychological, cognitive, socio-cultural and environmental components of various illness and injuries.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
Student seeing admissions to colleges and universities offering Bachelor of Occupational Therapy have to pass the 10+2 examination with Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
Career Prospects for Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
A Bachelors degree in occupational therapy offers a wide array of employment opportunities. Occupational therapists work in several settings such as private practice, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, early intervention centers, community health centers, mental health services, social services, government agencies, schools, industrial and commercial organizations as well as in homes.
Colleges offering Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
The medical colleges in India that offer Bachelor of Occupational Therapy degree course include the following:
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai
- College of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- G.S. Seth Medical College, Mumbai
- Govt. Medical College, Chennai
- Institute of Physically Handicapped, New Delhi
- L.T. College, Mumbai
- K.M.C.H. College of Occupational Therapy, Coimbatore
- National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped, Kolkatta
- Occupation Therapy Training School, Mumbai
- S.M.S. Hospital, Jaipur
- Santosh College of Occupational Therapy, Chennai
- S.R.M. Institute of Medical Science and Research, Chennai