Computer has revolutionized our thinking, living and working style to a great extent. Today, it has become an integral part of our life. A student needs it to collect information for project; a professional depends on it to perform his or her work; and a house-wife can access it to remain updated with the latest happenings across the world. The needs are different and plenty. But, anyone can satisfy this with little effort. Nowadays, several basic computer courses are available. According to needs and requirements, you can go for an online or offline course.
Highlights of Basic Computer Courses
Several online and offline basic computer courses are offered in India. These courses have been designed with a purpose in mind. Students who want to learn the basics of computer handling or operation find crash courses to be an apt choice. During the period of 3 to 6 months, students are given training in MS Office, soft skills, chatting, internet browsing and emailing. They get to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Apart from this, students can also come across numerous other vital points under a basic course that include:
- Identifying files and file types
- Copying files from a particular location
- Finding the location of the saved file
- Recognizing different parts of computer
- Making optimal use of keyboard
- Understating about the various computer applications
- Modifying the view settings of a file
- Reducing SPAM
- Creating file back-ups
- Deleting or removing unnecessary programs from the system to enhance its performance
- Preventing virus and worm attacks
- Taking care of the system after a virus or worm attack
- Learning about the important system files which are accessible to third parties
- Dealing with emails that contain virus
Eligibility for Basic Computer Courses
Students, housewives, professionals and even retired people can opt for basic computer training programs to hone their skills and to match up with the current trends and needs. There is no age bar. However in many schools, the training begins from the primary level.
List of Computer Training Centers in India
To meet the increasing demands and needs of candidates, several computer training centers have come up in India. Most computer institutions offer both basic and advance learning courses to equip students with the operation and handling of computer and diverse software applications. Some such computer learning centers are listed below. You can browse through them for further information.
- NIIT Limited
- Aptech Computer Education
- HCL Career Development Centre
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology (PICT)
- The Workstation Computer Education
- CMC Academy
Importance of Basic Computer Courses
Computers have become an indispensable part of many industrial verticals and personal life. Anyone who wants a successful career needs to have good command over it. But, knowing basics is not only important for these people alone. There are others also who can opt for the crash or short term computer courses to stay ahead in life or to fulfill basic necessities such as access to important information. Therefore, whether it’s a student, professional, retired person or a housewife, he or she with basic understanding of this technology can expect to lead an easy life.