To enroll in CA courses, candidates need to clear the CA CPT (Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test) that confirms entry to the 1st level of CA courses. The test is conducted by ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) for students who have passed 10+2 examination.
CA course is divided into three modules- foundation, intermediate and final. Following exams are held at the end of each stage of the program:
• Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test (CA CPT)
• Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)
• Professional Competency Examination
You may specialize in the following as a Chartered Accountant:
• Financial Accounting
• Cost Accounting
• Tax Management
• Management Accounting
• Students who have cleared HSC or equivalent can appear for CPT, held in June and December. You can register for the test anytime.
• Students holding a degree in commerce with minimum 55 % (60 % for non-commerce graduates) marks in aggregate are exempted from appearing in CPT. They are eligible for the intermediate stage.
• The candidate must be 18 years of age
Top CA Colleges in India:
• Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
• Aggarwal P.G. College, (Haryana)
• A.F.Ferguson & Co.
• Agra Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI (Uttar Pradesh)
• Coimbatore Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI (Tamil Nadu)
• Bal Bhavan Public Senior Secondary School, (Delhi)
• Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj’s New Arts, Commerce & Science College, (Maharashtra)
• Aurora’s Degree College, (Hyderabad)
• Asansol Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of the I.C.A.I., (West Bengal)
• Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co.
• KPMG Taseer Hadi & Co.
• B.N. Saha D.A.V. Public School, (Jharkhand)
• Biyani Commerce College (Jaipur)
• Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science, Humanities and Commerce
• B H S First Grade College (Karnataka)