The General Nursing Training Course adverts to the course that trains individuals in various aspects related to health care, so that they are able to take good care of the patients.
It could also be stated here that nursing training involves theory and practice. At the time of training period, practical training is offered by the senior ward staff. There are nurse tutors, who have been given the responsibility to supervise the works of the nurse trainees. During their course, the students are required to attend lectures.
General Nursing Training Course Duration
- Three and a half years.
General Nurse Training Course Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates, who are interested in this course, should atleast clear 10+2 board examinations and Physics, Chemistry and Biology must be there in the list of subjects of study.
- The applicant must be 17 years of age to apply for this course.
General Nursing Training Course Institutions India
Some of the institutes offering general Nursing Training Courses in India are -
- College of Nursin, SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune,
- Mahila Sabha Nursing Training Institute, Hyderabad
- National College of General Nursing and Midwifery, Punjab
General Nurse Training Required Skills:
- St George’s Hospital School of Nursing, Mumbai
- Civil Hospital School of Nursing, Gujarat
- Apollo College of Nursing, Chennai
- Holy Cross College of Nursing, Kerala
- Medical College Hospital, Haryana
- Sound Health
- Sympathy for the sick
- Power of observation
- Ability to take decisions
- Handling of responsibility
General Nurse Training Course Job Prospects
- Successful completion of General Nursing Training Courses open up various opportunities. Some of them are -
- Nurses can work in nursing homes, clinics, hospitals, public health organizations, medical treatment rooms and factories.
- Adult Care Jobs
- Baby Care Jobs
- Psychiatric Nurses in a mental hospital or in a sanatorium or in a ward of a general hospital.
- Teachers in Training Schools
- Armed Forces Nursing Services for those only, who qualify through a college, known as the Armed Forces Medical College.