In India, homoeopathy has been introduced in the year 1810 by some German missionaries. The popularity for this field of medicine has increased so much in the last few decades that today the country boasts of 20,000 dispensaries, 150 homoeopathic institutions, 850 production units, 186 homoeopathic medical colleges, and nearly a quarter million practitioners. To become a successful homoeopath, you need to pursue recognized homoeopathy courses in India.
Types of Homoeopathy Courses
Homoeopathic courses are available in undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates after completion of high school can opt for a bachelor’s degree and the graduate degree holders in homoeopathy can opt for a master’s degree. One can also opt for a diploma in homeopathy or even certificate courses.
Eligibility for Pursuing a Homoeopathy Course
For pursuing a bachelor’s degree in homoeopathy, BHMS (Bachelor of Homoeopathy and Surgery), one needs to complete 10+2 examination from any recognized board/council/university with Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English and minimum 45% in aggregate. The candidate also needs to clear an All India Entrance Examination.
Career Prospects in Homoeopathy
There are many job opportunities for a homoeopath in India and abroad. After completion of the course, a person start his/her own practice or can get employment in government and private homoeopathic hospitals.
Indian Institutes Offering Homoeopathic Courses
There are many reputed colleges in India that offer homoeopathic courses. One has the option of choosing a regular or a distance education diploma or degree in homoeopathy from any of the following institutions:
- Hahnemann Homoeopathic Medical College, Rajkot
- Government Homoeopathic Medical College, Bangalore
- Gujarat Homoeopathic Medical College, Baroda
- Hyderabad Karnataka Education Society’s Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Gulbarga
- Swahid Jadav Nath Homoeopathic, Guwahati
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Karnataka Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Hubli
- Jaisoorya Potti Sreeramulu Government Homoeopathic Medical College, Hyderabad
- Foster Developments Homeopathic Medical College, Aurangabad
- Samarth Educational Trust’s Homeopathic Medical College, Satara
- Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, New Delhi
- Bharati Vidyapeeth`s homeopathic medical college, Pune
- The Calcutta Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
- Athurasramam N. S. S. Homoeopathic Medical College, Kottayam
- Raipur Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Raipur
- State national Homeopathic medical college and hospital, Lucknow
- Yerala Medical Trust`s Homeopathy College, Mumbai