Human Resource Management is a practice for overall management of employees in an organization. Hiring the best resource from a pool of prospective candidates, training and developing them for promotion to higher levels, resolving their issues, retaining quality manpower by use of various motivational tools, are all parts of Human Resource Management practice. Though each organization has its distinct set of human resource policies and guidelines, there are certain rules that every company follows for the HR department, rules that are defined in the graduate and postgraduate courses.
Streams / Branches - Recruitment, Payroll, Training and Development are some streams that are part of the human resource management course.
Type of Exams for Eligibility – CAT, SNAP, MAT and GMAT
Best universities, institutions and colleges - The top institutes for pursuing courses in human resource management are:
- Xavier Labor Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Tata institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Kurukshetra University, Haryana
- Lucknow University, Uttar Pradesh
- IMT, Ghaziabad
- Indian Institutes of Management in Calcutta, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Lucknow, Kozhikode, Indore, Shillong, Ranchi, Rohtak, Tiruchirapalli, Udaipur and Kashipur
- Aligarh University, Aligarh
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
Who can opt for this course – A student who has passed the 10+2 examination successfully can for human resource management course.
When to start the preparation - After the end of 10+2 board examination
How to prepare - Besides enrolling in tutorials like T.I.M.E or Career Launcher, a student must brush up on his mathematics, reasoning and analytical knowledge.
What Are the Prospects / Future - Recruiter, Salary Administrator, Consultant, Compensation Manager, Orientation Specialist, Benefit Manager and Management Trainee are some professions that you can join after completion of the course.