One of the teacher training programs is the JBT or Junior Basic Training course. Students qualifying for this training essentially get employed in schools imparting elementary education.
The training session is of two years. Though some colleges admit students based on their academic performance, there are quite a few institutes that conduct an entrance examination for the same. The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing this course is that students must have qualified their +2 examination from a recognized board with at least 50% in aggregate. On the other hand, graduates willing to pursue this course must have cleared their examination with 45% in aggregate.
Some of the colleges offering junior basic training in education include:
- S.P.S Janata College of Education
- Brahmrishi Yoga Training College
- District Institute of Education and Training
- Shanti Niketan College of Education
- Shri Shanti Sagar Jain Girls College of Education