According to an online source more than 1,080 students wrote the CLAT in May 2013. Fact is law students in India are equally honored as medical and engineering students.
Law students aspire to attend top solicitor firms and best corporate companies, besides practicing independently. For admission to law colleges, students have to appear for entrances like CLAT, LSAT, AILET, SET, CET, and so on. Based on the scores and rules, law universities and institutions finalise admission of students.
0771-3057618, 82238-55055, 3057619, 82238-44044
For Graduation Level: General students appearing for CLAT must be 10+2 with minimum 45% aggregate. SC and ST candidates are eligible to appear for this entrance test with 40% aggregate.
For Post Graduation Level: General students with 55% aggregate in graduation are eligible to appear for the master’s degree entrance test for Law. SC/ST graduate candidates with 50% aggregate can proceed for the test.
Entrance Examination: CLAT, AILET, SET and CET.
Top Law Schools in India: (CLAT Exam Participating Institute)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
- National University of Study 6 Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)