Logistics Management deals with that branch of management which educates us about the preservation and forwarding of goods, information and services, that need to be carried forward for mass consumption. Any business which caters to a large consumer ratio, need to look after their services, if they are being managed and produced efficiently and whether they are reaching to the desired party properly or not, for this area in an organization , the logistics managers work.
This area looks after the proper delivery of the customer needs and are in charge of the entire process of the delivery including the mode, be it land, water or air.
The Logistics Management course can be done by a graduate student. It is also a post graduate diploma, which is a one year course. You need to have more than 50% in your senior secondary and same in graduation and then you can appear for the Common Aptitude Test, which will be followed by a group discussion and a private interview.
Some of the reputed universities that offer Management course and post graduate diploma in Logistics are:
- Indian Meritime University, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Materials Management, Mumbai
- Asian Council of Logistics Management, Kolkata
- Amity (Distance Learning), Noida
- Garware Institute of career Education and Development, Mumbai
- Asian School of Business Management, Bhubaneshwar
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Logistics, Chennai.
To clear the entrance you need to prepare for aptitude test which includes reasoning skills, basic mathematics, logical analysis and communications. Also update yourself with current trading ideas and business world, and you can also mug up some General Knowledge books. Go through previous years’ sample papers and practice the question papers.