Nuclear Medicine Technology Courses deal with the technique of medical imaging. It is a branch of medicine that is used for diagnosis as well as treatment of diseases. The study is based on the properties of radioactive isotopes. Computers and other equipments are used in this study. This imaging process is applicable to anatomical as well as physiological aspects.
Program Description of Nuclear Medicine Technology Courses
The courses offered in this program are specially designed in order to meet the academic as well as clinical necessities and requirements for health professional education.
Core courses offered in the BHSc Program include:
- Health Care Ethics
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Health Professional Practice
- Research Methods
In the professional stream of Nuclear Medicine Technology, the mode of learning is focused on all those areas in which the professionals are expected to work as technologists. These areas include pediatric hospitals and adult tertiary care hospitals.
Nuclear Technology Course Entrance Criteria
- The candidate must pass the 10+2 examination with Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English with at least 45% marks in the Science subjects (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- The candidate must have a degree in B.Sc. in Nuclear Medicine or B.Sc. with Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics or B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a main subject or B.Sc. in any aided related subject i.e. in Radio-diagnosis (MRT) Radiotherapy or from any recognized University.
Nuclear Medicine Technology Courses Institutes
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Manipal University, Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences
- Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Madras Medical Mission
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences
Nuclear Technology Course Job Prospects
- Professionals in nuclear medicine technology can get employed in diagnostic centers, medical laboratories, hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare related organizations.
- Professionals can also opt for research work in this field.