In order to become a certified pilot, you need to engage in extensive training programs. The duration of the commercial pilot course is usually differs from two to three years. However, prior to starting off with a training program in commercial pilot, you need to have your SPL (Student Pilot License). Over and above, prior to obtaining a SPL, you need to opt for another training program so as to acquire your PPL (Private Pilot License). Admission to the PPL course is based on an entrance test which is conducted at some centres. The test is usually based on subjects like General Knowledge, English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. After acquiring the PPL, you will have to opt for 190 hours of flying training required for getting that CPL (Commercial Pilot’s License).
Students willing to pursue a degree in commercial pilot must have cleared their +2 board examination with at least 50% in aggregate from a recognized board. In addition, they must have had Physics and Mathematics as their compulsory subjects. There are some colleges that conduct a pilot aptitude test for admitting students to the commercial pilot course.
Let us now take a look at some of the colleges offering commercial pilot courses:
- Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd
- Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport
- Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore
- Andhra Pradesh Flying Club
- Flytech Aviation Academy
- Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore
- Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneshwar.
- Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur
- Gujarat Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Baroda
- Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, Ludhiana