Robotics is an interdisciplinary course and a combination of electronic engineering, mechanical engineering and programming. Widely applicable in industries such as automotives, healthcare, industrial automation, intelligence and security, defense and space exploration this field of study is sought after and has excellent career prospects.
- Undergraduate level (B.E/B.Tech)
In order to get a Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, candidates have to qualify 10+2 exam in Science stream with subjects like Biology, Physics Chemistry and Mathematics. If you want to take admission in the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), you have to pass in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
Course Duration- 4 years
- Postgraduate Level (M.E/M.Tech)
Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s degree (B.E/B.Tech) in Robotics or any other equivalent branch of engineering.
Course Duration- 2 years
Undergraduate level (B.E/B.Tech)
- Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam
- All India Engineering Entrance Exams
- SRM Engineering Entrance Examination (SRM EEE)
Postgraduate Level (M.E/M.Tech)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Birla Institute of Technology M.Sc Entrance Test
- Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET)
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)
Top Colleges Providing Robotics Course in India
- Anna University, Chennai
- Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT)
Candidates who get a degree in robotics can earn up to 5 to 6 lakhs per annum initially. They can also get lucrative jobs abroad.