The format and the kind of teacher training courses differ according to the levels, like: Primary, Secondary and higher Secondary teaching. The needs of primary students are quite different from the students at the secondary levels. Therefore training courses like Diploma in Education (D.Ed), Basic Training Certificate (BTC), Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) and Primary Teachers’ Training (PTT) are imparted by a number of institutes in India. B.Ed and M.Ed are degree level courses whereas D.Ed and BTC are diploma and certificate courses respectively.
Take a look at the list below to know more about some of the institutes that offer Teacher Training Courses in India:
- Technical Teacher’s Training Institute, Bhopal
- Indian Association for Pre School Education, Dehradun
- A.S.P.P.T.T.I., Kollam
- National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Chandigarh
- Nehru Smarak Vidya Kendra Nursery Teachers Training Institute, Bangalore
- Al-Kateeb Nursery T.T.I, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Children Educational Society’s TTI for Women, Karnataka
- Kasturba P.P.T.T, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Dattatreya T.T.I, Karnataka
- Asharafee Teacher Training Institute, Karnataka
- Dr.TMA Pai P.P.T.T.I, Kunjibettu, Udupi, Karnataka
To pursue the teachers’ training courses, the students need to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria. For primary teaching courses, the students need to pass their higher secondary examinations and with at least 50% marks. Secondary and senior secondary teachers need to have a post graduate degree in the subject that they wish to teach.