The real estate sector in the country has attracted a lot of Foreign Direct Investments in India. As this sector of the economy opens up newer vistas for professionals, the number of individuals opting for a formal education in Real Estate is escalating with every passing day.
Career prospects in Real Estate Development
A student who has earned formal qualification in any course related to real estate in India can assume the following roles. He can work as Technical Proposal Writer, Resident Architect, commercial broker, real estate appraiser, property manager, and real estate advisory professional. Interestingly, the real estate industry is also the 2nd largest sector to generate employment for thousands following on close heels after the agriculture sector in the country.
Eligibility criteria for enrolling into Real Estate Development For admission into post graduate courses in real estate, a student is required to have passed his bachelor’s degree in any stream. The candidate has to meet the required cut off marks as set by the individual college or university.
Course curriculum in Real Estate Development
In most of the cases, the course curriculum comprises the following-
- Real Estate Laws
- Architectural Principles
- Facility Management
- Property Valuation
- Property Investment
- Entrepreneurship in Real Estate Management
- Real Estate Development Models
- Real Estate Marketing, PR, and Advertising
- Fundamental of Civil Construction
Institutes offering courses in Real Estate Development
There are many institutes that offer courses and training in real estate in India. The names of few such institutions are given below. They are -
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University in Delhi – The institute offers 2-year Post Graduate program in real estate (MBA). The classes are held on weekends.
- India Institute of Real Estate offers online courses in real estate. The institute has been accredited by NAR or National Association of Realtors US. IIRE offers certification programs in India. The main course offered is “Principles and Practices of Real Estate and Transaction Referral Certification.”
- Harvard Business School along with HBS India Research Center offers executive programs in Hyderabad. It offers curriculum for senior executives.
- Akruti Real estate Institute in Mumbai – It offers 2-year Post Graduate Diploma – Real Estate Management.
- National Institute of Real Estate Management in New Delhi – offers Post Graduate Diploma in Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Management, and Diploma in Real Estate Marketing Workshop
- Austal Education in Bangalore offers Certificate course of 8 weeks in Real Estate Modeling.