- Name of the InstitutionAmar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy
- Type of InstitutionPhysiotherapy
- AffiliationUniversity of Delhi
- Courses offeredBachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy. The duration of the course is 4 and a half years. Internship is mandatory.
- Admission ProcedureAn entrance examination is conducted by the University of Delhi to enroll students. The institute also enrolls NRI students but they have to seek admission on the basis of their academic track record in the institute last attended. Seats are reserved for the general category students as well as students seeking admission through SC/ST/NRI quota. Application forms can be obtained in person or by post.
- Year of Establishment1999
- Eligibility Criteria
Students intending to enroll into the Physiotherapy programs are required to have qualified in their class XII examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate and English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects. For reserved category students the percentage of marks required is 45%. Age of the applicant should not be less than 17 years.
The main aim of setting up Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy in Delhi was to impart didactic as well as clinical study related to Physiotherapy in the country. The course aims at preparing students to become competent physiotherapy practitioners who will be able to assist patients seeking Physiotherapy help. The institute also enrolls students from overseas and reserves specific number of seats for such candidates. In addition to the course curriculum, extracurricular activities are also offered to the students. Ranging from the Convocation Day that is held every year to the Quiz contests and Cultural fests, the institute puts in all effort to fuse fun with education. The institute is known for imparting quality education in the country to the innumerable students