- Name of the InstitutionAshutosh College
- Accreditation / AffiliationUniversity of Calcutta
- Courses OfferedBBA, B.Sc, BA, B.Com
- Admission ProcedureAspiring candidates will have to procure admission forms from college counter or download them from the internet. Age and identity proof documents will have to be submitted with the admission form.
- Departments / BranchesHumanities, Science, Commerce, Management
- Establishment DateJuly 1916
- Eligibility Criteria Successful completion of 10+2 board examinations with at least 50% aggregate in the examination and the applied subject
The Ashutosh College in Kolkata was established in the year 1916 under the name of South Suburban College by Bengali educator Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee. It was eight years later after the untimely death of Ashutosh Mukherjee that the college was renamed as Ashutosh College in honor of his greatness. Today, the college offers programs in a number of streams and contemporary courses and is a popular higher studies destination of students from within and outside Bengal. A total of 26 subjects in the science, humanities, commerce and management streams are offered to aspiring students. The Ashutosh College has always been one of the most reputed names among colleges listed under the University of Calcutta. Besides undergraduate programs, post graduation study programs have also been introduced in the college in the recent past.