- Name of the InstitutionBharati Vidyapeeth’s New Law College
- Type of InstitutionLaw college
- Accreditation/ affiliationBharati Vidyapeeth University (Deemed); Bar Council of India approved, NAAC – A recognized (UGC)
- Courses OfferedL.L.B., B.A.LL.B., B.B.A.LL.B., L.L.M., Ph.D., Diploma and Certificate (Distance learning) programs
- Departments/ BranchesUndergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral: Law
Diploma: Taxation Laws, Labour Laws, Alternative Dispute Resolution System, Intellectual Property Laws, Human Rights, Cyber Laws, Corporate Laws
Certificate: Cyber Laws, Corporate Laws, Mergers and Acquisitions Laws, Insurance Laws
- Admission ProcedureApplication forms can be obtained from the University office in the months of May-June; selection procedure is based on merit (for under graduation, post graduation and diploma) and entrance exam (for under graduation)
- Campus PlacementsActive placement cell
- Fee StructureINR 4000 to 40,000 for year 2011-2012 (changes made every year by University and Government of Maharashtra)
- Syllabi/ CurriculumSemester system
- Examinations & ResultsL.L.B. CET (Common Entrance Test) – held in June in centers in Delhi, Pune and Mumbai
- Eligibility CriteriaFor under graduation: Pass in 10+2 with at least 40% (35% for ST/SC) and 50% in the L.L.B. CET
For post graduation: Pass in bachelor’s degree in law.
- Established in the Year1978
- Facts & FiguresRanked among the top law schools in India by surveys such as India Today, Lawyers Collective, Times of India
- EventsCrescendo, Sports meet, NSS, Moot Parliament
The Bharati Vidyapeeth New Law College in Pune, founded in the year 1978,is featured among the top law colleges in the country, according to surveys done by recognized magazines such as India Today and Outlook. The institute offers degrees in Law in 3 and 5 year undergraduate, 2 year postgraduate and even at doctoral levels. Students can also opt for Diploma courses in the legal fields of Labour, Taxation, Human Rights, Intellectual Property, Alternative Dispute Resolution System, Cyber Security and Corporate. There are also options for distance learning Certificate courses in Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Insurance Law and Cyber Law.
The New Law College or NLC is a sought after institute in India for its updated academic programs and Indian and international recognitions. It has foreign collaborations with a large number of international universities including DePaul University, Oxford University, University of Chicago, University of Westminster, Bradford University and University of Reading. While studying in this institute you will get the opportunity to attend several seminars and lectures by internationally known professors and academicians. Both Indian and International students enroll to study in this institute. Admissions are managed by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University, which is a deemed university under the Government of India.