- Name of the Institution :Bhimrao Ambedkar College
- Type of Institution : Co-educational arts college
- Location : New Delhi
- Ownership: State government aided
- Accreditation / Affiliation :University of Delhi
- Courses Offered :BA (Honors and Pass), B.Com
- Departments / Branches :Hindi Journalism, English, Business Economics, Geography, Social Work, Applied Psychology, Industrial Relations & Personal Management, Business Data Processing, Office Management & Secretarial Practice, Commerce, Forensic Science and Computer Applications
- Admission Procedure :Admission is granted on the basis of merit in the 10+2 board examination. Admission comes to an end after the seats available are exhausted. Candidates must carry the documents notified at the time of admission.
- Campus Placements :The college has an active placement cell.
- Syllabi / Curriculum :Introduction of the semester system of examination has been proposed by the college authorities. The yearly pattern of examination is followed at present.
- Examinations & Results :No entrance examination is held at the time of admission.
- Eligibility Criteria :The eligibility criterion for BA (Pass) applicants is a minimum 40 percent score in 10+2 board examination.
Eligibility for BA (Honors) and B.Com applicants is a minimum score of 45 percent in 10+2 board examination.
- Established in the Year :1991
- Website :www.brambedkarcollege.com
- Facts & Figures :The chief attraction of this college are the well stocked library which houses more than 20,000 books of national and international repute.
Medical and banking facilities are available within the college campus. Students can avail good quality medical facilities at a nominal fee.
The Bhimrao Ambedkar College has also been certified as an IGNOU study centre.
- Events :The cultural society of the Bhimrao Ambedkar College arranges events and functions every year.
Bhimrao Ambedkar College is a state government institution in New Delhi which had been established as an arts college but has introduced a variety of modern courses in the recent past. The reason why this institution has witnessed a rise in admissions in the recent past is the introduction of a placement cell which provides employment to students of the professional courses departments. A state of the art library, a seminar hall and essential units like a medical centre and a bank inside the college campus also attract students and their guardian to the Bhimrao Ambedkar College.