Central Agricultural University


The Central Agricultural University is fully residential and has seven constituent colleges and three Krishi Vigyan Kendras. The university has extensions in six North-eastern states: Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram.

Facts
Name of the Institution Central Agricultural University
Type of Institution Agriculture
Location Iroisemba, Imphal- 795 004

Manipur, India

Ownership Government
Courses Offered Undergraduate Courses in:

  • Horticulture and Forestry
  • Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry
  • Agricultural Engineering & Post-Harvest Technology
  • Fisheries
  • Home Science
  • Entomology
  • Plant Breeding & Genetics
  • Agricultural Economics

Postgraduate Courses in:

  • Crop Improvement
  • Horticulture, Forestry and Medicinal Plants
  • Natural Resource Management
  • Crop Protection
  • Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
Admission Procedure The admission for undergraduate programs is done on the basis of the applicants’ score in the entrance test that is conducted by the ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research). Admissions are also done through nominations of the NE states.

For the post graduation courses, 75% of the seats are taken up by the students of the university who have passed their graduation (on merit basis). The remaining 25% students are screened from the applicants who have appeared for the all-India entrance test.

Scholarships
  • PPIC Scholarship to PG Students
  • University Junior Fellowship
Fee Structure Fees at the time of admission:

Undergraduate : INR 1,500

Postgraduate : INR 2,100

Examinations & Results Semester system of examinations
Eligibility Criteria Usually the applicants for undergraduate courses have to pass their higher secondary examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. They need to score a minimum of 50% marks in the same.
Established in the Year The university was established in 1992 through the Central Agricultural University Act but became functional in 1993 after the first Vice-Chancellor joined office.
Website http://www.cau.org.in/
Facts & Figures 43% of the students in this university are girls.

Comments