- Name of the Institution : Central Drug Research Institute
- Type of the Institution :Research Institute
- Location:Chattar Manzil, Lucknow
- Accreditation/ affiliation: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Courses Offered:Ph.D., Advanced training
- Admission Procedure:All India Entrance Test, personal interview (for Ph.D)
- Departments/ Branches:Macromolecular and Structural Biology, Molecular Endocrinology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Microbial Genetics, Immunology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Drug Delivery systems, Pharmaco-kinetics, Bio-organic Chemistry, Recombinant DNA
- Established in the Year:1957
- Facts and Figures:There are 17 research and development departments with support divisions, data centers and field stations in and around CDRI
- Eligibility Criteria:UGC NET (University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test) or GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) required for pursuing Ph.D.
CDRI or the Central Drug Research Institute is an interdisciplinary research institute in Lucknow under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The CSIR is a division in the Government of India under which numerous research and development works are carried out in the country. In CDRI several works in the field of bio-medicine is done.
Several short term training programs are launched for post graduate students. Eligible candidates can also pursue their doctoral degrees in the field of pharmaceutical development, fermentation technology, clinical and experimental medicine, microbiology, endocrinology and toxicology. The institute has a number of achievements under its name such as national and international honors for its researchers and development of new drugs including the antimalarial drugs Bulaquin and Arteether.