- Name of Institute :Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute
- Type of Institution Research – Engineering Research
- Location :Pilani
- Courses Offered :Research Programs
- Departments / Branches :Electron Tubes, Photonic Components & Subsystems, Electronics for Society, Environment & Industry, Mems & Microsensors
- Establishment Date :1953
- Website :www.ceeri.res.in
The Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI) located in Pilani is one of the first and most popular institutes dedicated to research programs and the study of electronics. The institute was established in the year 1953 under the watchful eye of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
The chief aim of the CEERI is to adopt scientific methods and technological techniques which will introduce an improvement in the area of electronics engineering. The major areas that the Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute in Pilani conducts research on are electronic systems, semiconductor appliances and microwave tubes. The institute also has branches in the Indian cities Chennai and New Delhi.