- Name of the Institution :Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering
- Type of the Institution :Research Institute
- Location :Bhopal
- Ownership :Government
- Courses Offered: Postgraduate, Ph.D., Training Programs
- Departments/ Branches:Agricultural Engineering (Ergonomics, Tillage and Traction, Baking, Material Testing, Animal Energy, Food Engineering, Bio-Fuel Energy, Mechanical Power, Seeding and Planting, Food packaging, Plant Protection, Oil Extraction Fermentation, Chemical Analysis and Quality Control, Field Plot Machinery, Irrigation Equipment Testing, Bio-Chemistry and Microbiology, Food Processing)
- Established in the Year:1976
- Facts and Figures :Agro Industrial Extension and Instrumentation Division was added during the 7th Five Year Plan
The Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering, situated in Nabibagh in Bhopal, is an agricultural research institute that deals with development of farm mechanizations, technology for energy, pre and post harvest technology and irrigation engineering. It was established in the year 1976 to address the issue of agricultural development by the Indian Government during its 5th Five Year Plan.
Later three more divisions or departments were added called Agro Industrial Extension, Instrumentation, and Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. The research campus has five buildings with well facilitated laboratories, farm equipment testing yard, Agro Processing center, workshops, research farm, library, production center, guest house, hostel for the trainees and a medical center.