- Name of the Institution :Central Power Research Institute
- Type of the Institution :Research Institute
- Location :Bangalore
- Ownership :Government
- Accreditation/ affiliation : ISO 9001:2000, NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories), UL (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.), CB (Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrical Equipment) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) certification
- Departments/ Branches :Power and Electricity
- Established in the Year :1960
- Website :http://www.cpri.in/
- Facts and Figures :Several CPRI centers in Kolkata, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhopal, Nagpur, Guwahati in Assam, Muradnagar in Ghaziabad
Set up in the year 1960, the Central Power Research Institute is an applied research institute that deals with electrical power engineering and product development, testing and certification. They help the Government of India in producing and providing electricity to the country. Eligible candidates can pursue their junior research and senior research fellowship in its various centers spread across several cities and towns in India including Bhopal, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Nagpur and Guwahati.
It has an advanced research set up and the institute also provides short term training, tutorials and workshops in subjects such as Generator Protection, Insulating Oils for Transformers, Fly Ash Utilization and Overview and Present Day Scenario of Materials for Non Ceramic Insulators & their Evaluation.