This institute of excellence, Christ College, Bangalore is affiliated to Bangalore University and is graded A+ by National Assessment and Accredition Council (NAAC) UGC for the quality education that it provides. Although Bangalore Christ College was established primarily to provide educational opportunities to the students coming from the minority Christian community, students from all sections of Indian society are also encouraged to be part of this college. It aims to be “a nurturing ground for an individual’s holistic development to make effective contribution to the society in a dynamic environment”.
To achieve the aim that it has set for itself Christ College pays utmost attention to its infrastructure. Apart from providing free Internet facilities to its students in its Internet and laptop lab it also has a counseling center to guide the students for their career.
The health club, which can be availed by both the faculty and the students is well equipped and consists of Multi gym, manual walker, Excer cycle and weights. It has separate courts for most of the popular sports like football, Volleyballs, Basketball and Hockey.
It also provides parking facilities to students and faculties. Christ College Bangalore also houses a prayer hall in the campus. It also seeks to ensure that healthy food is provided in the cafeteria and kiosks at reasonable prices. The library of Bangalore Christ has some 62000 books and subscribes some 173 journals.
Admission in Christ College
Admission to Undergraduate Programme
Admission to the BBM, BHM (bachelor of Hotel Management) course of Christ College hinges upon the performance of the candidate in the write test and an interview conducted by the college. Students are admitted to the BCA courses through an interview. The course fee for the Indian students of this course was 35000 for the academic year 2005-6. Admission to the B.A. and B.Sc., B. Com, B. Com (T) (Bachelor of Commerce with travel and tourism) Management, Course depends upon the percentage of marks obtained in the 12th standard and performance in the interview.
Admission to Post Graduate Courses
The selection procedure for MSW or Master of Social Work, MS Communications (Master of Science in Communication) includes a written test, group discussion, personality test and interview.
Admission to the MCA Programme depends upon he K-MAT score one scores in that particular year. Admission to the MTA, Master of Tourism administration is based on a written test and an interview.
For admission to M.A. in Sociology, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology one needs to apply within three days of the declaration of the degree results of the Bangalore university and selection to these programmes of study depends on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam and performance in the personal test.
Application Procedure at Christ College Bangalore
- Collect a SBI Application Fee slip and prepare two photocopies.
- Submit the slip in the bank and collect 2 copies of the SBI Application Fee slip.
- You get the application form by submitting a copy of SBI Application Fee slip of Rs.600.
- The duly signed (parent’s signature) application form has to be furnished with a photocopy of Class X and XII mark sheet, 3 passport size (1.5 ” x 2 “) photographs and transfer certificates and migration certificates (candidates from outside Karnataka).
- The form and the documents are to be sent in A4 size envelope to PO Box No 2920, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560029.
- If you are using courier service the documents and the application form will be sent to “The Office of Admissions, Christ College, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560 029″