- Name of the Institution : Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
- Type of Institution : Arts and commerce coeducational institution
- Location : New Delhi
- Accreditation / affiliation : University of Delhi
- Courses Offered : BA, B.Com, Certificate courses
- Departments / Branches : English, History, Political Science, Economics, Journalism, French, German, Spanish, Woman’s Development Studies and Commerce
- Admission Procedure : Applicants download or purchase one admission form each for all subjects applied. Attested copies of important documents like birth certificate, character certificate, examination mark sheets and a passport size photograph must be submitted along with the duly filled up application form. Students from foreign countries must have valid passports at the time of admission.
- Campus Placements : The placement cell of the college has been active for the last three years.
- Syllabi / Curriculum : The students must appear for yearly examinations held at the end of each year for three years in the college.
- Examinations & Results :Admission is based on merit for courses other than Journalism. The entrance test for applicants to the Journalism course program tests the general knowledge, the current affairs knowledge and the writing & editing skills of the candidate.
- Eligibility Criteria :Successful completion of 10+2 board examination. The cut off for each subject is based on the University of Delhi norms and varies every year.
- Established in the Year : 1987
- Website :dcac.du.ac.in
- Facts & Figures : The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce has set up an anti ragging committee which ensures a ragging free environment in the campus.
The college invites top media professionals to the campus every year for interaction with students of the journalism as well as other departments, so that they remain focused on the professional needs of the day.
The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce is equipped with a conference room and laboratory that has a 24 hour internet connection.
- Events :
The DCAC Film Club of the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce showcases classic films every year. The aim is to expose students to works of art which are not recognized in the commercial market.
The college releases its annual publication ‘The DCAC Times’ with news of the campus happenings and local affairs in an academic year.
‘The DCAC Express’ is an in-house tabloid released by the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
Rhapsody is another magazine of this Delhi college released every quarter.
The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce is a premier institute of higher education located in the capital . The chief aim of this college is to create such an atmosphere which will help students to achieve learning and utilize their extracurricular skills and interests. The college has been in operation since 1987. The academicians here use modern technology while imparting education. Internet facilities and a well stocked library are some of the other facilities.
Delhi College of Arts and Commerce also has a placement cell. The association with the top media companies in India and around the world enables the students to have a regular correspondence with media professionals.