- Name of the InstitutionGS Medical College Mumbai
- Type of InstitutionMedical College
- About the InstitutionThe medical college is a part of KEM group or King Edward Memorial Hospital. It is a well known teaching institute and offers related study programs in the city. More than 2000 students benefit from the training courses offered. A nursing school is also maintained by the college.
- Courses offeredBachelor’s program, Master’s Program, and doctoral programs, and Diploma
- DepartmentsPhysical therapy and Occupational therapy
- Year of Establishment1926
- Facts and FiguresDonations extended to GS Medical College by NGOs help the college to fund their research projects; the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai governs the activities of medical college. Deserving students are recognized for their talent and performance at the undergraduate as well as post graduate level.
The Seth GS Medical College is approved by the Medical Council of India New Delhi. There are more than 550 resident doctors, 390 physicians, and more than 1800 beds. The closest railway station is Parel Station. The intake capacity for MBBS is 180, for Occupational Therapy it is 40 and 40 for Physiotherapy. The fee charged is INR 18,000 annually. The college has 2 canteens. The names of institutes where students are sent for hands-on training include Wadia and King Edward Memorial Hospital. The college is spread over 2 acres, the complex has 4 buildings, out of which 3 are 4-storied and 1 is 14 storied.