- Name of Institution : Gokhale Memorial College
- Type of Institution : Girls College
- Location : Kolkata
- Courses Offered : BA, B.Sc
- Admission Procedure : Aspiring candidates must procure admission form from college counters or download them from the internet. Filled up forms must be submitted and candidates must wait for the merit list to be published.
- Departments / Branches : Arts, Science
- Website : www.gokhalecollegekolkata.com
- Eligibility Criteria :Successful completion of 10+2 board examination with minimum 50 percent marks scored in the subject applied for.
About Gokhale Memorial College, Kolkata
Gokhale Memorial College is a popular college that is situated right in the middle of Kolkata Metropolis. The college is well known and recognized for its strong academic background. The college is dedicated towards offering a fixed platform for its students. The college was specially set up for the benefit and development of girl students in Kolkata. Today, it has become a college that is well respected and appreciated for its educational standards.
Courses Offered at Gokhale Memorial College, Kolkata
The college offers the following courses:
- Political science
|B.A. Major Degree
||B.Sc. Major Degree
Gokhale Memorial College Admission Criteria
For B.A (Hons):
- Bengali – 50% in Aggregate and 55% in Bengali
- Economics – 60% in Aggregate with 60% in Mathematics or 60% in Aggregate with 50% in Mathematics and 50% in Statistics and at least 45% in Economics (if passed with Economics at H.S level)
- Education – 50% in Aggregate with 50% in Education or related subject.
- Electronics – 60% in Aggregate, 60% in Mathematics, 60% in Physics/ Electronics.
- English – 65% in Aggregate, 70% in English
- Geography – 60% in Aggregate, 70% in Geography
- Hindi – 50% in Aggregate with 50% in Hindi and 50% in English
- History – 50% in Aggregate, 50% in History
- Mathematics – 50% in Aggregate, 60% in Mathematics.
- Philosophy – 50% in Aggregate, 50% in Philosophy
- Political Science – 50% in Aggregate, 50% in Political Science
- Psychology – 60% in Aggregate,70% in Psychology
For Major degrees:
- Advertising, Sales Promotion And Sales Management – 60% in Aggregate and 50% in English
- Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics – 55% in Aggregate, 50% in Chemistry, 40% in Biology and Physics/ Food & Nutrition
- Communicative English – 60% in Aggregate and 60% in English
Gokhale Memorial Girls College Admission Procedure
Candidates who wish to apply for admission to B.A./B.Sc. Honors and Major Courses for the session 2009-2010 can procure the application forms from the college counter from 1st June – 5th June and 8th June 2009 between 10a.m and 2p.m. Candidates have to give a payment of Rs.120 for each form. Interested candidates can also download the forms from the college website gokhalecollegekolkata.com. For downloading the forms an on line payment of Rs. 155 has to be made.
The merit list will be published by the college on 19th June 2009 at 11 am. The college will fix and notify dates that will be termed as “Admission Calendars”. The calendar will specify the dates for admission of students whose names appear in the merit list. Candidates will have to report in the college for admission as per the specified dates and time.
Contact Information for Gokhale Memorial College
Postal Address: 1/1, Harish Mukherjee Road,
Phone No : 2223-8287