The government of India established the Indian institute of Management Calcutta in 1961. It is the oldest of all the six Indian Institutes of Management in India. Although it was established as a national Institute for post graduate studies and research IIM Calcutta functions as an autonomous body and over the years it has established itself as one of the best business schools in India.
The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta offers mainly four major programs of study-Post Graduate Program in Management (PGDM), Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management (PGDCM), Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) and Fellow program in Management.
- IIM Calcutta offers Post Graduate program for Executives (PGPEX)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management (PGDCM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM)
- Fellow Program in Management & Related Disciplines (FP)
- Consultancy & management Development program and IIMC Long Duration Program
One-year Part Time Long Duration Programs –
- Executive Program in Business Management
- Executive Program for Young Professionals/Young Managers
- General Management Program for It Industry
- General Management Program for Ites Industry
- Business Leaders Program
- Global Managers Program
- Special Management Program
- International Business Program
- Program on Management of Organization and Managerial Function
- Executive Program on Development of Strategic Skills
- Program on Leading and Managing
Admission to the post Graduate Program in Computer aided Management (PGDCM) is based on performance of the candidates in the Common Admission Test (CAT), Performance in Aptitude test in Mathematics (ATM), Performance in group discussion and personal interview, relevant work experience and past scholastic achievement. For admission to this course at IIM C Candidates must have a bachelor degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45 % for SC/ST or persons with disability candidates). Admission process starts in the month of November.
The admission procedure of the PGDM program at IIM C is also same as that of the PGDCM. In fact the eligibility criteria of the entire postgraduate program is same.
For admission to the fellow program candidates need to have 55% marks in their masters degree and 50% in their bachelor degree level. Candidates from the engineering background need to have at least 60% marks in their bachelor degree exam.
The Indian Institute of Management is spread over 135acres of land. It offers residential quarters to students, faculty members and staff. Students can meet their day-to-day needs as a bank and a post Office is also available within the campus itself.
Students at IIM C can also access local network and Internet from their room. The B.C. Roy memorial library of IIM C is considered one of the best management libraries of South Asia.
The contact details of the admission cell Calcutta is given below-
The Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Diamond Harbour Road, Joka
Kolkata – 700104
Direct Line: +91-33-24679178
Board Lines: +91-33-24678300 to +91-33-24678304,
+91-33-24678306, +91-33-24678313 Intercom:148