If you are planning to study MBA from IIT Madras, you need to know about this renowned institute. IIT Madras has been serving the students for over 50 years and imparting quality education.
The institute offers a 2 year full-time (segmented into 8 trimester) Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme. The programmes are designed to groom the students into future professionals.
IIT Madras MBA Programs
The MBA Programmes of the institute are designed to put emphasis on IT Management and International Business.
The programmes help you to be an able manager and instill in you the quality of analyzing, solving problems and to have a practical exposure to corporate life problem through industrial training.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA at IIT Madras
To apply for admission to the MBA Programme at IIT Madras you should have a B.E/ B.Tech degree with First Class from a recognized institution.
If you have a Master’s degree with First Class from a recognized University, you are also eligible for applying.
You can apply even if you are a final year student of Bachelors degree. You will be granted provisional admission and all the criteria have to be fulfilled after the result is released.
IIT Madras Admission Procedure
- To get admission to the MBA Programme at IIT Madras you have to pass the Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET).
- After passing the entrance test, you have to appear in a group-discussion and personal interview.
- You will be selected on the basis of your performance in JMET, in the interviews and the group task.
- The previous academic records and work experience are also assessed for short listing your name.
- If your MBA course at IIT Madras is sponsored by your employer, you must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in that organization.
- You don’t have to sit in the JMET as your selection will be on the basis of your performance in the interview & group discussion and a written test.
- These criteria are considered for the NRI students also
Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET)
This is a common entrance test for post-graduate programmes in management and you have to apply separately to each IIT and IISc.
The JMET is generally held in December and the results are announced in January.
IIT Bombay invites students who have fared well in this exam.
IIT Madras MBA Seat Reservation
The institute can accommodate up to 60 students into the MBA programme.A maximum of 10 seats are reserved for the sponsored candidates and NRI students.
In compliance with the rules of Government of India certain percentage of seats are reserved for SC, ST and physically handicapped candidates.