- Name of the Institution : Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Type of Institution : Company Secretary CS
- Location : New Delhi
- Ownership : Statutory body
- About the Institution : The institute offers courses at 3 levels, namely, Foundation course, Executive course, and Professional programs. ICSI has as many as 66 examination centres, 69 chapters across the country for offering courses in company secretary ship.
- Admission Procedure : Admission can be sought round the year. Examinations are held twice a year, once in the month of June and again in December. Prospectus along with application form can be obtained on payment off INR 200 or INR 300 if obtained by post. In case of a post the student is required to pay INR 250 and INR 350 in case of courier.
- Departments : Foundation, Executive, and Professional
- Fee Structure : Cost of Foundation course is INR 3,600. INR 7000 for a Commerce graduate intending to do Executive program. A graduate from a non-Commerce background is required to pay INR 7750 for admission into the Institute.
- Eligibility Criteria : A graduate from Arts stream is not eligible to enroll for the Executive program. However, students from any academic background can enroll for the Foundation course which is of 8 months duration. A student who has graduated or has a post graduate degree in Corporate Secretary ship or Commerce is not required to complete the Foundation course. ICWAI students are also not required to complete Foundation course.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India also has an online portal. The institute runs this program in tandem with GurukulOnline Learning Solutions. The activities of the Institute are governed by a 15-member Council and 5 Central Government officials. The institute usually imparts education to individuals who are to play a vital role in the corporate affairs of the company. According to Companies Act 1956, a company having more than INR 5 crore (shared capital) is required to have a Company Secretary on the rolls of that company. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is the only institute that regulates as well as nurtures professionals in the field of Company Secretaryship.