- Name of Institute : Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology
- Type of Institute : Research- Scientific and Industrial Research
- Location : New Delhi
- Courses Offered : Research Programs
- Departments / Branches : Allergy & Infectious Diseases, Nucleic Acid & Peptides, Bioactive Molecules & Technology Development, Proteomics & Structural Biology, Genomics and Molecular Medicine, Comparative Genomics & Gene Expression Profiling, Genome Informatics, Environmental Biotechnology
- Website : www.igib.res.in
The Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology in New Delhi is one of the constituent laboratories of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The institute, popularly known as IGIB, was originally a centre of biochemical technology; it was in the recent past in the year 2002 that the institute developed into a centre of reverse engineering and a knowledge provider.
The high quality infrastructure and the well qualified faculty of the Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology have lent this institute of repute a position in the Indian Genome Variation Database. The IGIB not only develops programs and products, it is also responsible for delivering these products to customers.