- Name of the Institution :Institute of Home Economics
- Type of Institution : Women’s science college
- Location : New Delhi
- Ownership : Private
- Accreditation / Affiliation : University of Delhi
- Courses Offered : B.Sc (General and Honors), M.Sc, B.El.Ed, PG Diploma and Ph.D
- Departments / Branches : Home Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Food and Nutrition, Fabric and Apparel Science, Dietics and Public Health Nutrition and Health and Social Gerontology
- Admission Procedure :Admission is conducted on the basis of merit. Students who have completed the 10+2 level of examination are allowed to apply to different study programs in the institute. While admission to undergraduate programs is based on marks of 10+2 examinations, admission to postgraduate programs is based on graduation marks. The cut off marks are decided by the college authorities and it varies every academic year.
- Campus Placements :No placement facility is provided by the college.
- Syllabi / Curriculum : The syllabus is based on the norms laid down by the University of Delhi. Students have to sit for yearly university examinations.
- Examinations & Results : Entrance examination is not held at the time of admission.
- Eligibility Criteria : Every applicant to the courses of study in the University of Home Economics must be within 17 to 20 years of age.
- Established in the Year : 1961
- Website : www.ihe-du.co.in
- Facts & Figures : A well equipped library storing more than 25000 books and study material ensures that a student has access to the best learning procedure.
The college has its own café and bookshop which sells both study and non-study books.
A conference room within the college campus ensures that the faculty and the students are in constant communication.
The college also has its own nursery school, so a student can start his education here right from his toddler years.
The latest introduction is an audio studio which is equipped with the latest technological equipments like sound card, analog audio mixer and audio monitor for students who are interested in radio journalism.
- Events : Melange, the annual college fest, is well known for events such as debates, dance, fashion shows, music and plays.
Swaranjali, The Rhythm Mix and Masquerade are other prominent festivals. These refer to the choreography display, the Indian and western dance and music display and a street play respectively.
The Institute of Home Economics located in New Delhi is an undergraduate and postgraduate centre of study of repute in India. The institute is well known for the modern amenities like 24 hour internet and intranet services and automated operations provided to students. The women’s college primary objective is to promote an all round development of the students by contributing not only to syllabus studies but also cultural programs. The students are encouraged to take part in various extracurricular activities which ensures the development of a multifaceted personality. Though established during the middle of the twentieth century, the Institute of Home Economics has every facility which a modern institute can boast of. There are facilities like a computer laboratory, a bookstore and a student’s café within the campus of the institute.