Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition (IHM) of Mumbai is a pioneer hotel management institute. This institute is among the top catering colleges across India. Established in the year 1954, IHMCTA is better known as Dadar Catering College. This institute was founded under the supervision of Late Smt. Lilavati Munshi, by the All India Women’s Central Food Council. The foundation of IHMCTA was the stepping stone to hotel management and catering in South East Asia.
Courses offered by IHMCTA, Mumbai:
- BSc Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (Indian and NRI students) – (3 Years)
- Craftsmanship course in Food & Beverage Service – (17 weeks)
- Hunar Se Rozgar- Hospitality Training Program
- Food and Beverage service – (6 weeks)
- Food Production Service – (8 weeks)
- Craftsmanship course in Food Production and Patisserie – (1 & 1/2 years)
- Craftsmanship course in Hotel operation – (9 months)
- Certificate Course in Bakery – (12 weeks)
- Certificate Course in Cookery – (12 weeks)
- Certificate Course in Bartending – (12 weeks)
Approximately INR 2, 00,000 + Hostel and Mess charges (extra) is charged by this institute to Indian students of 3 years degree course. The NRI students have to pay $4500 per year approx.
The certificate course structure varies from course to course:
- Bi-annual Craftsmanship course in Food & Beverage Service (Duration: 17 week; Fees: INR 20,000 approx.)
- The Craftsmanship course in Food Production and Patisserie (Duration: 18 months; Fees: INR 45,000 approx.)
- Certificate Course in Bartending (Duration: 12 week; Fees: INR 30,000)
- Certificate Course in Cookery (Duration: 12 weeks; Fees:INR 30,000)
- Certificate Course in Bakery (Duration – 12 weeks; Fees: INR 30,000)
The minimum eligibility required for admission in any under-graduate course is 10+2 or equivalent. Students of all streams are welcomed in IHMCTA.
Students of IHMCTA are offered with placement facilities. Hospitality industry totally depends upon the hotel industries. Hence, career opportunities of hotel management and catering service students are bright. Both national and international chain of hotels provides job opportunity to the students of Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition (IHM), Mumbai.
|Name of the Institution||Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition – IHM, Mumbai|
|Type of Institution||Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc, Craftsmanship course, Certificate course, Hospitality Training Program, Skilled Certification Scheme|
|Admission Procedure||The applicants are granted admission on the basis of their scores in the last qualifying examination. The students who have been selected have to appear for a final round of interview. The academic session starts in July-August. The application forms are available in the official website of the institute and can be downloaded from there. The filled-in application forms have to be then sent to the National Council in New Delhi with a Demand Draft of the required amount.|
|Campus Placements||The institute has an active placement cell and the following companies recruit students from IHMCTAN on a regular basis:|
- Taj Group of Hotels
- ISTA Hotels
- The Park Group of Hotels
- Starwood Group
- The Leela Group of Hotels
- ITC Sales and Marketing
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Café Coffee Day
- The Lalit
Fee StructureThe estimated fees per year for B.Sc are as follows:
Tuition Fees: INR 21,000
Training Food: INR 20,000
IGNOU Fees: INR 3,000
Examination Fees: INR 4,000
Operational Fees: INR 26,800
Miscellaneous Fees: INR 3,500
For Craftsmanship Course in Food Production & Patisserie:
Fee: INR 45,000
For 12 weeks Certificate Course in Cookery:
Fee: INR 20,000
For Craftsmanship Course in Food & Beverage Service:
Fee: INR 20,000
For 12 weeks Certificate Course in Bakery:
Fee: INR 20,000
For 12 weeks Certificate Course in Bartending:
Fee: INR 20,500Examinations & ResultsThe examinations are conducted annually.Eligibility CriteriaFor all the courses the required eligibility criteria is as follows: The applicant needs to pass his/her higher secondary examinations in any field from a recognized board. They also need to have English as their compulsory subject. For the Bachelors and the Craftsmanship course, the applicant should not be below 22 years of age as on the 1st of June in the year in which admission is sought.Established in the YearThe institute was established in the year 1954 by All India Women’s Central Food Council that was headed by Late Smt. Lilavati Munshi.Websitehttp://www.ihmctan.edu/Facts & Figures
- The institute was there in Andheri and later shifted to Dadar.
- The Diploma course in Hotel Management and Catering Technology began in 1958.
- Three regional institutes were set up in Kolkata, New Delhi and Chennai in the year 1963.
- The Central Government decided to take over the financial responsibility of this institute in the year 1979.
EventsGanapati festival, Independence day celebrations, Onam celebrations, sports