- Name of the Institution : Sir JJ College of Architecture
- Type of Institution : Architecture
- Location : Mumbai
- Ownership : Private
- Accreditation/ affiliation : University of Mumbai
- Courses Offered : B.Arch, M.Arch
- Departments/ Branches : Architecture
- Admission Procedure : The admission form and the information brochure is available from the month of June and the completed form has to be submitted to the college within a span of 7 days. The students will have to appear for the MAH-AR-CET and the admission is based on their scores in the same.
- Syllabi/ Curriculum : Yearly system
- Examinations & Results :Based on the applicants’ score in MAH-AR-CET (Maharashtra Architecture Common Entrance Test) that is held in the month of June
- Eligibility Criteria : For Undergraduate Programme:
60% needed in Physics and Mathematics at the +2 level. More than 65% needed in aggregate at the +2 level.
For Masters Programme:
Candidates applying for the masters programme need to score a minimum of 50% at the bachelors level. Must have cleared bachelors degree from the University of Mumbai or similar recognized University.
For Postgraduate Programme:
B.Arch degree from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or a Diploma in Architecture that is conducted by the Board of Technical Examinations of Maharashtra State.
- Established in the Year : 1857
- Website : http://www.sirjjarchitecture.org/v2/?
- Facts & Figures : The college was affiliated to the University of Mumbai in 1952.
- Events :
Workshops, lecture series, treks and quality improvement programs.
Founded in the year 1913, Sir JJ College of Architecture is the first architecture school of Asia. Formerly a part of the Sir JJ School of Art, the college was formed soon after this institution was divided into two departments namely Sir JJ Institute of Applied Art and Sir JJ College of Architecture.
Affiliated to the University of Mumbai in the year 1952, this coeducational college offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate degrees and the duration of the courses are 5 years and 2 years respectively.