- Name of the Institution : Kamla Nehru College
- Type of the Institution : Arts and Commerce college for women
- Location : Delhi
- Ownership : Government
- Courses Offered : Bachelors and Masters degree
- Departments/ Branches : Arts (History, Political Science, Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Journalism, Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Sociology, Vocational Studies) and Commerce
- Established in the Year : 1964
- Website : www.kamalanehrucollege.org/
- Facts and Figures : First batch in college started in the year 1968
The Kamla Nehru College is a women’s college in the Siri Fort Road in Delhi. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in arts and commerce subjects. Founded in the year 1964, this institute was initially called ‘Government College for Women’ and offered only arts subjects. The course in commerce was added later.
In the year 1972, the name of the institute was changed to Kamla Nehru College, after the wife of the first Prime Minister of India, who was a social worker and led the movement for the education of women. The institute encourages the all round development of the girls and participates in extracurricular events. Admission to this college is based on the higher secondary marks, written test and interview.