Lakshmi Bai College is an institution of higher education for women set up in the year 1965. This college was founded in memory of Rani Lakshmibai, the great warrior and freedom fighter of Jhansi, India.
It is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Delhi and offers undergraduate courses in Humanities, Social Science and Commerce. In addition to the undergraduate degree programs, Lakshmi Bai College also offers Masters Degree course in Philosophy, Political Science and Sanskrit.
Courses offered at Lakshmi Bai College
In accordance with the regulations of the University of Delhi, Lakshmi Bai College imparts education in the following courses:
- M.A. in Philosophy, Political Science and Sanskrit
- B.A. (Hons) Economics
- B.A. (Hons) English
- B.A. (Hons) Hindi
- B.A. (Hons) History
- B.A. (Hons) Mathematics
- B.A. (Hons) Philosophy
- B.A. (Hons) Political Science
- B.A. (Hons) Sanskrit
- B.A. Program
- B.Com. (Hons)
- B.Com. (Pass)
Admission Procedure at Lakshmi Bai College
For admissions to M.A. courses, candidates should directly apply to the appropriate Faculty in the University of Delhi. Applications for M.A. courses will be received by the College after the University issues the list of selected candidates for admission.
For undergraduate programs candidates have to apply on centralized admission form called Intelligent Character Reader (ICR).
Candidates selected for admission are required to fill and submit the following documents:
- Admission Form
- Enrolment Form
- One Ticket size Photograph.
- Original and attested copy of Certificate of Examination passed
- Original and attested copy of Certificate of Date of Birth (class X certificate)
- Original Character Certificate from the Head of the School last attended.
- Postal Address: Lakshmi Bai CollegeAshok Vihar, Phase-III,New Delhi-110052
- Phone No: 27418598, 27308598
- Fax: 27304076