- Name of the Institution : Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
- Type of Institution : Deemed University
- Location : Allahabad
- Ownership : Government
- Accreditation/ affiliation : University of Allahabad
- Courses Offered : B.Tech., M.C.A., M.B.A., M.Tech., M.Sc., M.S.W., Ph.D.
- Departments/ Branches : B.Tech. Branches:
Electronics & Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bio-Technology, Production & Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering
GIS & Remote Sensing, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering
Other Postgraduate Branches:
Computer Applications, Business Administration, Mathematics and Scientific Computing, Social Work
- Admission Procedure : Months for admissions:
For undergraduate programs - July;
For postgraduate programs and Ph.D. - April-May.
Admission forms are available in both institute office and website. Selection procedure is based on entrance tests, pre examination marks, group discussion and personal interview
- Campus PlacementsActive department of training and placement
- Scholarships : Day scholars are required to pay Rs. 1375/- lesser than the quoted fees; There is also a scholarship scheme for Uttar Pradesh students, merit students and Ph.D. scholars
- Fee Structure : INR 13500 to 45000
- Syllabi/ Curriculum : Semester System
- Examinations & Results : For B.Tech.
All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) – held in April
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering) – held in January (online) and February (offline) .
In addition, you also need to appear for another entrance examination in case you are applying for a program in software engineering or computer science
CAT (Common Admission Test) – held between October and November. Results come out in January
- Eligibility Criteria : For B.Tech.
Need to qualify +2 board examination
Applicants need to have a B.Tech degree or bachelors degree in any science subject with Economics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- Established in the Year : 1961
- Website : http://www.mnnit.ac.in/
- Facts & Figures : It is an institute of National Importance since 2007 and was established as a Regional Engineering College
- Events : Avishkar, Culrav, Athletics meet, Gnosiomia
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology was declared as an Institute of National Importance in the year 2007, by the Government of India. Initially established as a regional college in 1961 and affiliated to the University of Allahabad, it offered engineering courses in the undergraduate level. Today, the institute offers 19 M.Tech degree programmes, 9 B.Tech programmes, Master of Social Work, Master of Business Administration, Master of Computer Application and MSc. Programmes in Scientific Computing and Mathematics. In addition, the institute also registers candidates for the doctoral programs. It is home to a wide variety of facilities including a library, computer centre, health centre, hostels, transportation, banking, IGNOU centre, canteen and post office.