- Name of the Institution : Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya
- Type of Institution : Dance
- Location : Mumbai
- Ownership : Government Aided
- Accreditation/ affiliation : NAAC (B++)/University of Mumbai
- Courses Offered : Bachelor of Performing Arts, Master of Performing Arts, Advance Diploma in Dance, Certificate in Dance, Post Graduation Diploma in Dance, Diploma in Dance
- Departments/ Branches : Dance (Kathak, Mohini Attam, Bharata Natyam, Kathakali, Dance and Fitness)
- Admission Procedure : Admission based on the applicants’ score in 10+2 examinations and the entrance test.
- Examinations & ResultsEntrance Examination takes place in and around the month of April.
- Eligibility Criteria : Bachelor of Performing Arts: 10+2 pass along with 6 years basic training in the dance style that is relevant to the course opted for and an entrance test.
Master of Performing Arts: B.P.A in Dance from a recognized university or an equivalent degree/diploma in the relevant dance style, and an entrance test.
Post Graduate Diploma in Dance: Graduate in Dance from a recognized university.
- Established in the Year : 1967
- Website : http://www.nalandadanceeducation.com/dance-college.htm
- Facts & Figures : Since the year 1975, the students from this institute have been winning the National Scholarship for classical dance which is granted by the Department of Culture, Government of India.
- Events : Nalanda Nrityotsava
Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya is managed by the Nalanda Dance Research Centre and is considered to be a premier institution for the performing arts. Located in Mumbai, this institute is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and accredited by the NAAC (B++).
Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya offers Bachelors, Masters, Post Graduate Diploma and Certificate courses in a number of dance forms like Bharat Natyam, Kathakali, and Mohini Attam. Aside from gaining the much required teaching experience at the postgraduate level, the students can take up topics for research purposes as well. They are even taught how to choreograph these dance items, keeping in mind the traditional framework.
Students, who are seeking admission in the Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya Foundation Course, have to pass their class X examinations. On the other hand, for Bachelors and Postgraduate courses, the applicants have to appear for an entrance test that is usually held in or around the month of April.