- Name of the Institution : National Center for Radio Astrophysics
- Type of the Institution : Research Institute
- Location : Pune
- Ownership : Private
- Courses Offered : Student Projects, Postgraduate Internship, Postdoctoral Program, Visiting Student Research Program
- Admission Procedure : Written test and Interview
- Departments/ Branches : Analog and Digital Electronics, Antenna Design, Signal Processing, Communication and Software Development
- Established in the Year : 1989
- Website : http://www.ncra.tifr.res.in/
- Facts and Figures : Famous for the invention of the GMRT (Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope)
- Eligibility Criteria :
B.E, B.Tech., M.Tech., M.Sc.
The National Center for Radio Astrophysics or NCRA in Pune is a research institute that deals with the research and development in the areas of astronomy and astrophysics. This institute is a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) and is famous for its inventions in the area of radio and astronomical sciences including the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope or GMRT, which is a radio telescope that can operate at low radio frequencies, and another telescope in Ooty. Students can pursue training, doctoral and postdoctoral programs in this institute and even work as a research scientist in the research facility in Pune and Ooty.