- Name of the Institution
- Prafulla Chandra College (South City College of Commerce)
- Establishment Date
- 6th January, 1954
- Accreditation/ Affiliation
- University of Calcutta
- Courses Offered
- B.Com (Hons.), B.A / B.Sc. (Hons.), B.A / B.Sc. (General), B.Com (General)
- Admission available on merit basis and as per the norms of the University of Calcutta
- Candidates need to clear +2 examination from a recognized board
50% marks in aggregate and 50% in required subject for qualifying
6% relaxation for ST students
22% relaxation for SC students
3% relaxation for physically handicapped
The evening branch of South City College is known as Prafulla Chandra College. The evening unit is exclusively meant for boys pursuing bachelors’ degree in commerce and humanities. Harendra Kumar Mukherjee, the Governor of West Bengal during that time laid the foundation of the institution on 6th of January, 1954.
Later, the evening branch became a separate wing and was dedicated to Acharya Prafulla Chandra. The college offers a wide variety of facilities including adult education programme, common room, library, sports activities, health services, campus hall, and canteen. In addition, the college also arranges for activities like cultural programmes, cultural competitions, debates and discussions, as well as other extension activities.