- Name of the Institution : Regional Research Laboratory
- Type of the Institution : Research Laboratory
- Location : Jammu
- Ownership : Government
- Accreditation/ affiliation : Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
- Departments/ Branches : Quality Control and Assurance, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Improvement, Crop Husbandry, Taxonomy, Crude Drug Repository, Bioinformatics, Instrumentation
- Established in the Year : 1941
- Facts and Figures : Earlier called Drug Research Laboratory of J&K State and then in the year 1957 was taken over by CSIR
The Regional Research Laboratory in Jammu is part of the group of 40 National Laboratories under CSIR in India. It was established in the year 1941 as the Drug Research Laboratory of J & K State. Later, in the year 1957, it was taken over by CSIR and therefore, the RRL was restructured. This institute deals with the research in various multidisciplinary sciences including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Development, Drug Technology and Agricultural Development.
The division for Biotechnology along with its numerous scientific developments also guides students pursuing their doctoral degrees in disciplines such as Plant Biotechnology and Microbiology. The Bioinformatics Division is involved in several international scientific activities such as sharing of the database pool and information online.