Established in the year 1945, S.A. Jaipuria College, Kolkata was founded by the Jaipuria family of Kolkata, in memory of late Seth Anandram Jaipuria. The college offers admission to different undergraduate courses. The college has three shifts – morning is only for girls, day shift is for both boys and girls and evening shift is only for boys. The students of this college have proved their brilliance in both academic and extra curricular activities arena.
- Name of the Institution: S.A. Jaipuria College, Kolkata
- Accreditation/Affiliation: University of Calcutta
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal
- Type: Arts, Commerce and Vocational Studies
- Established: Year 1945
- Courses: B.A. (General and Honors), B.Com. (General and Honors), B.Sc. (General and Honors)
- Admission: Admission Forms are generally available in the college office after publication of WBCHSE (10+2) result
The completed admission form needs to be submitted to the college office along with original (10+2) mark sheets, transfer certificate (for students coming from other institutions), admit card, and a letter from legal or natural guardian.
- Eligibility: Candidates seeking admission to B.A. Honors course needs to have minimum 45% in aggregate (in 10+2 examination) and pass marks with 50% in the concerned subject.
Candidates seeking admission to B.Com Honors course needs to have at least 45% in aggregate (in 10+2 examination) and pass marks in Maths.
The cut off percentage for getting admission to different subjects are as follows:
Mathematics Hons: Aggregate 50% + 60% in Mathematics, Pass in Chemistry & Physics
Physics Hons: Aggregate 60% + 60% in Physics and 55%
Chemistry Hons: Aggregate 65% + 60% in Chemistry, 45% in Mathematics and 45% in
Physics Philosophy Hons: Aggregate 50% + 50% in Philosophy / 45% in English (Gr. B) / 40% in English (Gr. A)
English Hons: Aggregate 55% + English 55% (45% for candidates with English as 1st language in WBHSE)
Political Science Hons: Aggregate 50% + 45% in Pol. Science / 45% in English (Gr. B) / 40% in English (Gr. A)
Bengali Hons: Aggregate 50% + 50% (Gr. A) / 60% (Gr. B)in
Bengali History Hons: Aggregate 50% + 45% in History or 40% in English (Gr. A)/ 45% in English (Gr. B)
- Website: www.jaipuria.ac.in