Scottish Church College came up in the year 1830. Rev. Alexander Duff founded the institute. Presently, the college is run by the Church of North India. The college is renowned in the nation and abroad for having produced eminent leaders and religious and social reformers like Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and Swami Vivekananda. Scottish Church College has been awarded an “A” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It also enjoys a high rating given by University Grants Commission. It’s among the best fifty colleges in the nation. The company offers undergraduate courses in 15 subjects and post graduate in 2 subjects.
- Name of the Institution: Scottish Church College, Kolkata
- Location: Urquhart Square, Kolkata
- Courses offered: BA, BSc
- Admission Procedure: Admission takes place on merit basis.
- Departments: BA: English, Bengali, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit and Political Science; BSc: Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Computer Science, Economics.
- Year of Establishment: 1830
- Website: http://www.scottishchurch.ac.in/
- Eligibility Criteria: Differs for different combinations and streams. BA Honors Courses: Bengali, Philosophy and Sanskrit: This requires 50 percent in respective subjects and 50 percent in aggregate Honors in Political Science require 50 percent in Bengali or English and 55 in the respective subject and aggregate. BSc Honors Courses: Apart from getting 60 percent in aggregate the subjects score requirements differ as per 60 percent in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Computer Science for the respective courses.