Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, which is a renowned college affiliated to the Delhi University, gets its name from Sheheed-e-Azam – Sardar Bhagat Singh. Shaheed Bhagat Singh College was established in 1967 as a constituent college of Delhi University. The college got its postgraduate status in just 9 years.
Courses Offered at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
- Postgraduate Courses: M.Com
- Undergraduate Courses: B.Com. (Programme), B.Com. (Hons.), B.Com. (Pass), B.A. (Programme), B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi, English, Physical Education, History, Economics, Mathematics, Geography, and Political Science.
The College has plans for the following add-on courses:
- Certificate Course in Journalism (English)
- Certificate Course in Journalism (Hindi)
- Certificate Course in Accounting and Finance – Computer Applications
- Professional Education (PE) I & II of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
Admission Procedures at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
The preliminary admission forms for admission to different courses in Shaheed Bhagat Singh College Delhi can be had from the College Office. The admission forms are available according to the University schedule. Incomplete forms are not accepted.
- M.Com admission is done directly by the Delhi University. Other admissions are academic merit based. A cut-off percentage is declared for admission to the courses.
- Information on the list of eligible students for admission and cut-off percentage can be collected from the College Notice Board.
- No direct communication to individual applicants is entertained. Applicants are required to follow the College Notice Board notifications. Telephone enquiries are not entertained.
- Admission is based on merit cum-interview basis, which is decided by the Admission Committee.
- Eligible students are required to buy the College Prospectus and Applications Form for Admission as well as Reference Card.
- Eligible students are required to present themselves before the Admission Committee with the duly filled in and signed Admission Form.
- During interview, applicants are required to submit original documents with photocopies along with 2 stamp-sized photos.
The Soumitra Chakaravarty Memorial Scholarships
Shaheed Bhagat Singh College offers 2 monthly scholarships of Rs. 20 every year to the B.Com (Hons.) students of 1st and 2nd years.
Central Students Council 1976-77 Scholarships These scholarships are 7 in total and are offered to the students and staff for voluntary fund raising. These are monthly scholarships of Rs.40 each and are offered based on academic merit in the examinations conducted by the university in the following subjects:
- M.Com. (Previous)
- B.Com. (Hons.) 2nd year
- B.Com. (Hons.) 1st year
- B.Com. (Pass) 2nd year
- B.Com. (Pass) 1st year
- B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year
- B.A. (Hons.) 1st year
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Scholarships
Post-Metric scholarships are offered to the eligible SC/ST students on submission of the required proofs like:
- Scheduled Caste / Tribe Certificate
- Salary / Income Certificate
- Copies of the marks sheet, provisional certificate, and character certificate.
All India Entrance Scholarships
There are 50 All India Entrance Scholarships of Rs. 250 value per month, tenable for three years Honours Degree course in this University.
Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
University of Delhi
New Delhi – 110017
Phone Number – (011) 2925 0306
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jitinder Kaur
Bursar Dr. B.B. Goenka
Section Officer (Administrator) Mr. S.C. Parashar
Section Officer (Accounts) (Officiating) Mr. K.C. Georgekutty
Senior Personal Assistant to the Principal Mr. Vinay Kr. Malhotra