- Name of the InstitutionSivanath Shastri College
- Type of InstitutionCommerce
- AffiliationUniversity of Calcutta
- About the InstitutionThe college offers courses in Humanities too but it is well known for offering quality education in Commerce.
- Courses offeredBachelor of Arts – General and Honours, Bachelor of Commerce – General and Honours, Bachelor of Science – General and Honours, Certificate Courses – Computer Application
- Admission ProcedureFor admission into Bachelor of Commerce, a minimum of 50% marks is required with 45% in Accountancy. Science students are required to score 55% in Statistics/Mathematics. For admission into B.Sc should have secured minimum 50% marks and students interested in pursuing a career in Bachelor of Arts are required to score 45% in the subject they intend to choose.
- Websitewww. sivanathsastricollege.org
- Eligibility Criteria Students are required to obtain the cut-off marks fixed by the college for admission into any of the academic programs.
Sivanath Shastri College was set up in the year 1879. The college has a morning shift that is meant only for lady students. This section of the college started its operations in the year 1955. The college got affiliation in the year 1961. In addition to the minimum cut off marks scored in the last qualifying examination, students are also required to pass in a written test that will be held for few subjects.
The college awards prizes and awards for students who excel in different subjects. Names of few prizes include Hemangini Rai Dastidar prize, Late Kanti Rani Chakraborty Memorial Prize. The infrastructural facilities of the college include computer center, a well stocked library, laboratories, and health care centre.