- Name of the InstitutionSouth Calcutta Girl’s College
- Location Kolkata, West Bengal
- Accreditation/ AffiliationUniversity of Calcutta
- CoursesB.A (General) and B.Sc. (General), B. Sc. (Hons.)- Economics, Botany, Geography and Zoology
B.A (Hons)- Political Science, Education, Bengali, History, English, Philosophy, Journalism and Mass Communication, Sociology and Sanskrit
- Established Year1932
- Admission Admission is based as per the norms of Calcutta University. Admission takes place during June and July, post declaration of the 10+2 results
- Eligibility Criteria At least 60% in English and 60% in aggregate is needed for admission to BA ( English Honors)
At least 50% in language group and 55% in aggregate is needed for admission to BA ( Journalism and Mass Communication)
At least 55% in Botany and 50% in aggregate for BSc. In Botany
55% in Economics, 50% in English, 45% in Mathematics and 55% in aggregate for BSc. Economics
60% in Geography and aggregate for BSc. Geography
60% in Bio Science, and 55% in aggregate for BSc. Zoology
- Website http://www.southcalcuttagirlscollege.com/
South Calcutta Girls’ College was founded in the year 1932 and is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. It is the first college of higher education for women in South Calcutta. Formerly located on Beltala Road, the hostel and college was relocated to Sarat Bose Road on 1st of July, 1946.
The college aims at imparting holistic knowledge to students and makes a mark for its remarkable academic record. It also arranges for debates, quiz competitions, seminars, educational tours, and fests for the students.
The college is home to a number of facilities including library, computer training centre, canteen, laboratories, gymnasium and common room.