- Name of the InstitutionSri Aurobindo College
- Type of InstitutionCo-educational arts, commerce and science college
- LocationNew Delhi
- Accreditation / AffiliationUniversity of Delhi
- Courses OfferedBA, B.Sc, B.Com, MA
- Departments / BranchesEnglish, Hindi, Political Science, Electronics, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Commerce
- Admission ProcedureAdmission forms can be downloaded from the college website or can be procured from the college counters. These forms are filled up and submitted at the college counters by the date set by the University of Delhi. An applicant must submit along with his completed application form passport size photographs and xerox copies of documents like migration certificate, birth certificate, character certificate and school examination mark sheets.
- Campus PlacementsAn active placement cell in the college works in coordination with the best MNCs and banks in the country to offer employment opportunities to students. The placement records show that Airtel and Wipro are the chief recruiting companies visiting the Sri Aurobindo College campus.
- ScholarshipsThe University of Delhi authorities conduct the All India Entrance Scholarship Examination in the college campus in the month of October. 50 successful candidates in the scholarship examination are awarded a prize money of Rs. 50 every month during their tenure of study in Sri Aurobindo College.
- Syllabi / CurriculumThe students pursuing undergraduate courses of study appear for examinations conducted as per norms of the University of Delhi at the end of every academic year. Therefore students have to sit for three university examinations.
Postgraduate students also take the yearly system of examination. They have to sit for two examinations held each academic year.
All examinations generally take place in the months of April or May.
- Examinations & ResultsSince admission is based strictly on merit, no admission test is conducted by the college.
- Eligibility CriteriaSuccessful completion of the 10+2 board examination is necessary for an applicant. In addition, a candidate must have scored at least 45 percent in the 10+2 examination and 55 percent in the board examinations for application to the BA / B.Com and B.Sc courses of study respectively.
For admission to the MA course of study is based on merit in graduation examination and availability of seats in the college.
No candidate below the age of 17 and above the age of 19 is allowed admission to the undergraduate courses of study in Sri Aurobindo College.
- Established in the Year1972
- Facts & FiguresThe Sri Aurobindo College in New Delhi was built in the fond memory of Indian patriot Aurobindo Ghose.
The college is as much reputed for its academic courses as for its performance in inter college cultural and sports activities.
A unique feature of this college is that it provides a free medical check-up once a year for students. This check-up is mandatory. First aid facilities are also available.
The college is equipped with a fully computerized library that houses more than 50,000 books comprising journals, magazines, periodicals and newspapers.
- EventsThe National Cadet Corps (NCC) and National Service Scheme (NSS) are very important programs of Sri Aurobindo College.
The college publishes an annual magazine named Aurobindo Jyoti.
Sri Aurobindo College in New Delhi was built to commemorate the centenary birth celebrations of the great philosopher and poet of India, Rishi Aurobindo. Since its inception, the college authorities have striven for excellence keeping in mind the teachings and principles of Rishi Aurobindo. The college authorities work to bring about an all round development of the students by providing them with a sound learning atmosphere and highly qualified faculty.
Sri Aurobindo College offers admission to both male and female students in arts, commerce and science courses of study. However, education is not the only field in which this college strives to achieve excellence. The college provides ample opportunity to students to engage in extracurricular activities and cultural programs of their choice. The faculty is of the belief that involvement in not only studies but also other activities will bring about an all round development of the college students. Affiliated to the University of Delhi,Sri Aurobindo College is hence reputed for not only its study programs but also for its cultural and sports activities.