- Name of the InstituteSri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai
- Type of InstitutionMedical
- LocationSri RamachandraUniversitySri Ramachandra Nagar,
Porur, Chennai – 600 116,
Phone: +91-44-2476 5609
Fax: +91-44-2476 7008
- Accreditation /AffiliationRecognized by government of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.The institute has collaboration with School of Public Health, UC Berkeley, California, USA.
Accredited by NAAC with a GCPA of 3.52 on a scale of 4.
Recognized by the Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labor Institutes (DGFASLI), Ministry of Labor, Government of India.
The environmental health engineering department is recognized by World Health Organization, International Labor Organization of the United Nations, Geneva, and the Gail (India) Limited.
- Courses Offered
- Master of Science in Industrial Health & Safety
- Post-graduate Certificate Course in Industrial Health
- AFIH (Associate Fellowship in Industrial Health)
- MPH (Masters of Public Health) in Occupational and Environmental Health
- Departments / Branches
- Abdominal Organ Transplantation
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Accident & Emergency Medicine
- Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine
- Chest & TB
- Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Ear Nose Throat
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- General Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Orthopedics Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Medicine
- Establishment Date1985
- Eligibility Criteria For admission to MPH in Occupational and Environmental Health applicants need to pass MBBS, B.Tech (Chemical Engineering), BDS, M.Sc. (Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences) or BDS from a recognized university.For admission to AFIH course, applicants need to complete MBBS degree along with internship from a recognized institute. Applicants also need to have a permanent registration with the MCI (Medical Council of India) or State Medical Council. Candidates also need to have at least 2 years of experience as a general medical practitioner after completion of internship or 1 year of experience as a full time medical officer in occupational health.
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria are offered admission on the basis of an interview and recommendations of members of selection committee.
For admission to MBBS course, applicants need to complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The candidates also need to qualify in an entrance examination.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai is the only private medical university in India to be honored with the highest grade from NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).