- Name of the InstitutionSri Venkateswara College
- Type of InstitutionCoeducational humanities, science and commerce college
- LocationNew Delhi
- OwnershipPublic (Central Government)
- Courses OfferedBA, B.Sc, B.Com
- Departments / BranchesHindi, English, Sanskrit, Telugu, Tamil, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Biology, Zoology, Electronics, Biotechnology, Botany, Economics, Sociology, History, Political Science, Bioinformatics, Nanotechnology, Travel & Tourism, Commerce
- Admission ProcedureAdmission forms are filled by students after the cut off lists are displayed on the college notice boards. The forms are then submitted along with attested copies of school board examination mark sheets, character certificate, demand drafts and passport size photographs.
- Campus PlacementsThere is an active placement cell in the college which provides result oriented and need based training and placement opportunities to students.
- ScholarshipsFee Structure
- Syllabi / CurriculumThe curriculum is designed according to the norms set by the University of Delhi. The students have to sit for three yearly examinations.
- Examinations & ResultsThe college has not kept the provision of an admission examination. Admission is based on merit.
- Eligibility CriteriaSuccessful completion of 10+2 board examination is compulsory. The cut off percentage in each subject changes every year according to the result of the 10+2 board examinations.
Applicants must be 17 years of age or above during admission to different courses of study.
- Established in the Year1961
- Facts & FiguresSri Venkateswara College has been awarded the honor of ‘College With Potentials for Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission.
The college is equipped with state of the art hostel facilities for boys and girls.
The foundation stone of the college was laid by renowned statesman of India, Sarvapali Radhakrishnan.
The college boasts of a central library as well as separate libraries for separate departments.
- EventsThere are different societies / unions in the Sri Venkateswara College which arrange annual functions. Some prominent societies of teh college are:
Fine Art Association
Film & Media Association
Women’s Development Center
Sri Venkateswara College in New Delhi was established in the year 1961 by the joint efforts of prominent public figures Dr K L Rao, Smt Durga Bai Deshmukh and Dr C Anna Rao. The inauguration of the college attracted the attention of the top media during the time because the inauguration ceremony saw the presence of Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan. The college is well known for a progressive curriculum that includes the best courses, extra curricular activities like sports & cultural programs and leadership training activities. In the words of the principal of Sri Venkateswara College, it is the aim of the college authorities to realize the potential of the students other than their studying capabilities, in order to promote a holistic educational atmosphere.