- Name of the InstitutionSt Paul’s College (also called St Paul’s Cathedral Mission College)
- Type of the InstitutionArts, Commerce & Science college
- Accreditation/ affiliation University of Calcutta; NAAC – B+
- Courses OfferedUndergraduate (General and Honors)
- Admission ProcedureBased on higher secondary marks (for General undergraduate course); as per rules set by Calcutta University and the college (for Honors undergraduate course)
- Departments/ BranchesArts (Bengali, Sociology, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Hindi, English, Political Science, History), Science (Physics, Microbiology, Economics, Physiology, Zoology, Chemistry, Statistics, Mathematics) , Commerce
- Facts and FiguresCollege is best known for its B.Com. and B.Sc. courses
- Eligibility CriteriaPass marks in the 12th standard board examination
The St. Paul’s College or the St. Paul’s Cathedral Mission College in Kolkata is one of the better known. It offers arts, science and commerce courses in the undergraduate level that are University Grants Commission (UGC) recognized. Established in the year 1864, this institute is affiliated to the University of Calcutta (C.U.) and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited as B+.
Students can pursue a general course or honors in subjects including Bengali, Sanskrit, English, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science, History and Philosophy in the Arts stream, and Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physiology, Zoology, Microbiology, Mathematics and Economics in the Science stream. Courses in Communicative English and Vocational subjects are also offered in this college.